WHAT’S THERE TO DO AROUND HERE?
There is plenty to do around here so you might want to stay a few days!
Chloride Western RV Park continually has European visitors from all over, who come to visit us and to see all of these wonderful & interesting places. Click here for an overview of the local area map.
1. Hoover Dam (60 minutes) – Hoover Dam is one of the Bureau of Reclamation’s major dams constructed on the Colorado River. These projects control floods; store water for irrigation, municipal, and industrial use; and provide hydroelectric power, year-round recreational opportunities. When you go to visit the Hoover Dam you can explore the Dam yourself or take a guided tour.
2. Las Vegas, Nevada (80 minutes) – Or just 30 minutes past the Hoover Dam. Las Vegas offers a range of entertainment options. Everything from world class shows and 5 star dining to clubs and casinos that go all night long and everything in-between. Las Vegas really is the town that never sleeps and you will find something for everyone.
3. The Skywalk at Grand Canyon West (90 minutes) – The glass bridge is suspended 4,000 feet above the Colorado River on the very edge of the Grand Canyon. Grand Canyon West is privately owned and operated by the Hualapai Tribe and requires the purchase of a permit and Legacy tour package for entry.
4. Laughlin, Nevada (45 minutes) – In the city of Laughlin you will find a range of attractions. Some of them include Golfing, Spa’s, Local Shopping, Water Sports and a full range of restaurants you can enjoy.
5. Colorado River (45 minutes) – Most people find that they enjoy the Colorado River the most doing one of the following activities, hiking, biking, rafting or boating. Although, many also simply like to do some photography while picnicking.
6. Lake Mead (90 minutes) – Here you can find year-round recreational opportunities for boating, fishing, hiking, photography, picnicking and sightseeing. It is also home to thousands of desert plants and animals.
7. Lake Havasu (90 minutes) – Lake Havasu City is the new home of the LONDON BRIDGE, which was transported from England and was literally re-constructed again brick-by-brick on the eastern shore of Lake Havasu, on the Colorado River border of California and Arizona.
8. THE TOWN OF CHLORIDE, ARIZONA – Our RV Park is a mere 10 minute casual walk away from the town of Chloride, the oldest living silver mining town in the state of Arizona. Chloride has a Country Store, which is also the Arizona Tourist Center, the fabulous Yesterdays Restaurant, complete with mineral spirits, live music, dancing and karaoke on Sundays. Chloride also has a Post Office (if you feel that you must write home about us).
The town of Chloride has a special history, and a list of special events, such as actual old fashioned gunfights. For more information about the town of Chloride, please visit http://www.chloridearizona.com.
9. THE TOWN OF KINGMAN, ARIZONA – In Kingman you will find various banks, a Wal-Mart and other various stores & shops to meet your shopping needs. Again, for those seniors concerned about medical needs, Kingman has a a multitude of medical centers and a hospital, Kingman RMC.
Kingman also has it own special history. If you would like to learn more about interesting facts regarding Kingman, please visit http://www.kingmantourism.org.
10. Digger Dave’s Restaurant – Right here in Chloride is a Full Bar and Restaurant featuring Home-made food and drinks. Come out and enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner with your friends & families.